Thursday, October 20, 2011

Up Close and Personal with Molly Boyd-Hunt

Molly Boyd-Hunt
Molly Boyd-Hunt, Executive Faculty member at Ty Boyd Executive Communications & Coaching, works with clients from the boardroom to the arena to boost their communication skills. Using a blend of humor and insightful storytelling, Molly teaches that important speeches are more like conversations with individuals rather than presentations to a crowd. Let's chat with Molly....

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
When I am feeling peaceful about my work/life balance, that's a 10 on the scale of happiness.

What is your greatest fear?
Letting down my family and friends.

What is your greatest extravagance?
Food. I will pay a lot of jack for good food. Yum.

What is your favorite journey?
The one I'm on as a parent. It's better than visiting foreign countries and I get to see wildlife right in my home.

What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Patience seems so cliche, right? So, I'll go with perseverance.

On what occasion do you lie?
I think it's ok to lie to a child about childhood stuff....like the ice cream machine is broken and Santa is really thin, and quite healthy, he just stuffs a pillow in his shirt.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Girl, when I'm with my friends, it's the word "girl". It drives me crazy, but girl, I can't stop.

What is your current state of mind?
Crazy, content, clear...in that order.

If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be?
My son would be potty trained.

What is your most treasured possession?
The ring on my right finger. It's a silver band that cost about $50 and it reads, "Faith...Love...Cooper" It's my magic eight ball when I have big questions.

What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
Ooooh...get a massage. Heavenly.

What do you most value in friends?
Acceptance. To be completely free to be myself. No judging.

Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Shrek. He is perfectly imperfect.

Who are your heroes of real life?
Besides my mother, father and sister, Anne, I would say people who are facing death and those that persevere. And....dog lovers.

What is your motto?
Change always starts from a place of awareness.

When was the last time you cringed?
I have cringed several times answering these questions.

4 comments:

  1. molly you have always been the best, im proud to be your GODFATHER. merry CHRISTMAS and super new year. len

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud to be your friend. From my family to yours during these holidays! Ross

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you are awesome. I love ya, girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. well proud and awesome where just taken. just want you to know that you sure grew up good!

    ReplyDelete